Montag, 28. Oktober 2013

Dogs in hotels

It was very nice of this hotel to put out a bed for Fritz.  Little do they know he sleeps in my bed ...


A couple of times there have been hotels that have asked me not to let Fritz stay alone in the room.  This can present challenges.  Sometimes he's allow to come to meetings with me, but sometimes he needs to stay.  Also, he does not like to be alone and will bark.  A lot.

My solution is that Fritz is crate-trained.  In addition to his Sherpa bag, I have a transport kennel that we bring with us.  It's kind of a pain to have one more thing to carry, but it's worth it.  Fritz is quiet when he's in the kennel and most hotels just don't want to have a loose dog in the room unattended and will let you leave your dog if he's kennelled. Usually, too, the airlines will not charge extra for the kennel, as it is empty and very light when it is checked in.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen